Welcome to Nursing Homes Ireland
Ireland can be a world leader in providing care to older persons. That is the view of Nursing Homes Ireland (NHI), the representative organisation for Ireland's private and voluntary nursing home sector.
NHI is committed to ensuring the lives of older persons in the 400+ private and voluntary nursing homes across the country are enhanced and fulfilled. Our members are committed to ensuring persons who call nursing homes "home" are provided with the highest quality care and services.
Private and voluntary nursing homes play a key role in healthcare delivery in Ireland. The 400+ homes provide expert care to almost 22,000 persons in specialist settings in local communities. Our members also provide employment to thousands of healthcare and specialist staff. Private and voluntary nursing homes are meeting the growing care requirements of our ageing population.
NHI supports members by providing expert advice surrounding care delivery and representing their interests and those of their residents at local and national level.
NHI plays an influential and key role within the Irish healthcare sector. Its expertise, experience and unified voice for hundreds of care providers is of critical importance within the healthcare setting. NHI engages with State bodies, health stakeholders, representative organisations for older persons and wider society to influence and shape policy and inform debate surrounding the care of older persons.
It is our goal to ensure everyone who chooses a nursing home for the next step in their lives experiences a safe, happy, caring and fulfilling environment. Members are realising the goal and are being supported in doing so by Nursing Homes Ireland, a strong, unified, influential national representative organisation within Irish healthcare.
Nursing Homes Ireland is committed to providing leadership, supporting members and promoting excellence.
NURSING HOME FINDER
Find a nursing home in your area...
- (781) 934-7812
- Nursing Homes Ireland calls on Minister for Health to investigate NTPF
- 31 Oct 2018
- NHI reiterates importance of continuous engagement between acute hospitals & nursing homes during Winter season
- Continuous engagement between acute hospitals & nursing homes imperative with season Winter approaching
- 1 Oct 2018
- NHI statement re Fair Deal
- 19 Jun 2018
- Advocating Equality in Fair Deal - TDs and Senators to be pressed to publish Fair Deal Review
- 18 Jun 2018
- Nursing Homes Week 2018 celebrations to begin in 200+ nursing homes across the country
- 17 Jun 2018
- Nursing Homes Ireland and Irish Film Institute partner for Juneâs Nursing Homes Week to showcase the collections from the IFI Irish Film Archive
- 6 Jun 2018
- HIQA annual report on care services delivers strong endorsement of nursing home care
- Nursing homes call on Government to extend the Employment Permit Regulations Scheme to nursing home sector
- Statement to Sunday Times re will making in nursing homes